Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Breather

Remember my resolution to update more often?
oops.


Life has been crazy busy in the last 4 weeks. I finally finished my show(s). And I think for the first time since giving up my sunday schedule on March 18th, I finally had a weekend off. I had a few things to do here and there, but I didn't have to work and I didn't have to play. It was lovely.

Work is going well right now. I love my clients. I love how the school program is developing. I have had some encouraging discussions with the administration about the future of my contract and program. I'm also feeling the need to branch out and approach more schools. I think summer might be a good time start working on that - in time for the new school year.
Summer is shaping up - I have a trip planned to see my best friend Julie in NYC, subbing in a couple of performances for another show and of course garlic festival. But I am looking forward to getting my work schedule back to a slightly more relaxed pace.... so I can take on other projects, of course.  :)


My latest adventure: I can now say that I have been rock climbing. A friend from the theater invited me to go with him one Monday morning/afternoon. It was a lot harder than I had expected. We went to the Santa Cruz mountains and we get to this 80ft flat drop that we had to repel down. B basically hooked up my harness and tossed me over the edge. It was a lot of fun. This picture was about halfway down the first repel.






Then we hiked up some other rocks and things to this little climb. Its 60-65ft. and I did it! I felt really proud of myself for trying something new and exciting.




Anyhow, things are trucking along.
I am off to my music therapy association's midyear meeting this coming weekend. I am excited to see my colleagues although, I know we will be meeting for a collective 20 hours... at least. It should be interesting.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back to your blog...also glad to hear you tried rock climbing and repelling...I did that in Baja and loved it. Maybe we should try it together there?

    ReplyDelete