Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sacramento

I am back from Sacramento. I spent the weekend with a colleague/friend swapping music therapy resources and working on improvisation styles. We had a nice time and it was interesting experience to kind of outline some of the improv styles but it was fun to play and improvise together. And then of course swap stories and talk shop. I enjoyed myself.

I then drove from Sacramento and did three sessions this afternoon. I am wiped out. The sessions went well. I am noticing some changes- mostly positive- in the way some of my clients are responding to music. It reminds me that clients are always surprising and that the therapeutic relationship is constantly growing. I like that.

I have a some sessions tomorrow- plus lunch at my favorite thai place and then I am in full The Wiz- mode. We start tech rehearsals this week and open on Friday. I am really trying to remind myself to take one thing at a time and enjoy what I'm doing every day. It makes it more fun and I find I can better go with the flow that way. This month is just crazy, so the one day at a time thing is going to be really important. I am thankful to be able to do what I love every day, both music therapy and my involvement in theater. My life is pretty good right now. :)

I am exhausted. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment