Friday, April 8, 2011

Digesting

I realize that last post on conference had a lot of things in there to digest. For me too!

In thinking about all of this stuff, I realize that I am in the right field and that I really have the best job for me. The people in this profession are incredible and I come away feeling lucky to be included in such a group. There are things and people that drive me crazy, but at the end of the day it feels like any other family. And I am thankful for that. I just started and have my entire professional career to achieve my own greatness. Between you and me, sometimes I have these experiences where I am sort of above and able to see the opportunities and potentials that can come out of this moment.... like I can see exactly what the possibilities are from a single moment. Just sometimes. I leave those moments feeling like I am meant for great great things. Thats how I felt leaving conference this time.

I had a great conversation with one of the professionals who sat on the regional board while I was student president. I went up to her to thank her for her service to the region. She's been an outstanding leader in a few tumultuous years.

Anyhow, I wanted to thank her. She's meant a lot to me in the past year or so. We had a nice moment where she explained that part of her job involves making snap assessments of her clients- their strengths and weaknesses. She went on to sort of reveal some of the things she sees for me in the future. It was one of those moments. In fact it was a lovely moment. We both got a little teary.
Everything makes me excited for the future and all of the immediate and longterm projects in the works. Just gotta keep my priorities straight. :)

Anyhow, I have had sufficient time to get unpacked, decompress, read new books and get a little sun time into my schedule.
So some of the things I am taking my newly replenished energy and enthusiasm are:

  • My follow up meeting at the school next week! I am very excited to see how this progresses.
  • Another children's theater production at the end of April
  • Another children's theater production at the beginning of May (Just got the call this week!)
  • A trip down to observe a friend of mine work and of course to get together to play music with them! I can't wait. We're going to swap improvisation idioms and techniques. Can't wait to play.
A word about that- I find the only way to further my music skills and therefore to grow as a therapist (to provide more challenging and interesting music experience) is to keep playing and trying new things. Playing with people pushes me there. Loving that.

There are a lot of things to be excited about!

3 comments: