Monday, April 11, 2011

NORM!!!

When Norm walked into Cheers everybody yelled "NORM!" He was a regular.


I had my own norm moment today when I walked into the Thai restaurant that I LOVE. I go to this place every monday that I work in Union City. Today I walked in and the woman who owns the place said, "oooh! You're back!" Yep. I think that qualifies as a Norm moment.

I had some great sessions the past two days. Work continues to be satisfying and fulfilling.

But really, my focus right now is tomorrow's meeting. And really.... I mean, I'm going in there with my ideas and questions and seeing what happens. Maggie and I decided that really, that's all I need to do. I do feel empty handed, like I should be walking in with a program already planned. But the program can't be designed without hearing what the facility wants. I'm getting ahead of myself.

So... as I have been doing each time I walk into this place, I have two sets of hopes:

realistic hope: I am going to walk out with a better idea of what they are looking for in a program AND schedule another meeting to continue talking about it.

reaching hope: I am going to walk out with a job. Don't know what it will look like (contract, part/full time [could you imagine!?]) but it will be a job.


I'd be happy just getting another meeting and continuing the dialogue. We will see what happens!
Send some nice ju-ju!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, here's your juju from south of the border which makes it muy especial.And, btw, YOU are muy especial and they will be lucky to get you!!! Smile on, walk tall, give them your best laurenza.....love you!

    ReplyDelete