Thursday, August 25, 2011

Finding The Voice

Hi gang,

I have survived and recharged from all of my busy activities. The Summer blitz is done and I've had the necessary time to come down from the "go go go."

Today I accompanied an old friend from high school to an audition for NBCs The Voice. I'm a big fan of the show- I think its the best singing competition on TV. All of the other shows, personally, drive me bonkers. I really feel that its about the talent and artistry of each person first- they get actual coaching from people in the music industry-- people who know what they are talking about AND although America gets to vote, the judges also have a say. I like that. And they don't show the cattle call audition process in order to make fun of the people who don't sing as well.

It was one of the more interesting experiences I have had. These people go to these auditions hoping to find their own voices, or make it big, or get that one last chance. I guess I don't really get it because I don't feel that. My life is completely different and I'm very happy with what I'm doing. I'm glad, because its sort of a nerve-wracking experience.


I'm gearing up for my fall schedule which includes creating a MT program at the school, more contracting work and piano lessons.
I've also been officially appointed to the regional music therapy association executive board. I handle continuing education opportunities and courses for the region. I am excited to get started. I have learned a lot already and there's still a lot left to discover.
Things are moving forward and now that I feel normal again I will be updating more regularly. Thanks for bearing with me here.
Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment