Wednesday, February 23, 2011

SIT DOWN

Sit down you're rockinnnngg the boooatttt (insert four part harmony here).

Another evening of enduring tech rehearsal tonight with the 2nd cast.
What's that serenity prayer again?
Lord, grant me the serenity to change the things I can change,
to play the melody line REALLY loud
and to accept that it may not make a difference to some. :)

Okay--- so that may not be the actual prayer, but I find it mostly applicable.
Actually the kids are great and orchestra is fun to play with. We sit down in the pit and crack jokes, repeat lines, and enjoy ourselves. So far, its inspired a new catch-phrase: "Sha-doink." which comes from really bad jazz scatting. Try saying it out loud and not laughing.

I'm enjoying this experience more than I did in some of the shows I played in high school. I think its because my skills have grown so much since then. Its easier to put together the music (at least for me... with the exception of 4 bars in Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat) and hear where things are supposed to go and generally fake my way through (if needed).... but without feeling the general pressure of performance anxiety. Hit a wrong note? who cares... just keep moving.


and then laugh about it later.


I'm starting to really dive into my presentation today--- after saying that for the past week, its actually going to happen today. I swear. Probably. Hopefully. Most Likely......

No comments:

Post a Comment