Monday, February 21, 2011

Something in the water

I went to this wedding saturday and then two friends got engaged sunday. After some deductive reasoning, I realized there has to be something in the water. I will be running all of my beverages through filters for the next few years, thank you very much.
Although Julie and Nathalie's grandma did tell me (at the wedding) that she was praying for me that I find a nice boyfriend. I'm too "lovely" to have not had a date to the wedding. Apparently, her prayers are powerful (according to Julie). We had a good laugh. I guess Grandma has been trying to set up Julie for years.... currently its with her handsome trainer at the gym.

The wedding was fabulous. It was so good to see my second family and all the aunts and uncles (many of whom I've met over the years) and even see some people from high school. Although this one girl tried dragging me literally onto the dance floor. She was a big hot mess. Anyhow. Julie nailed the first dance song, despite only having time to run through it 2x before. And cocktail hour was a blast. I loved being the background music.
I was at a great table. The couples I was seated with weren't too couple-ly so it wasn't awkward and the band was pretty good. I stayed over to hang with Julie for the rest of the night, took a little 45 minute nap and rolled back into Gilroy around 7a. I don't think I've ever come home from something like that so early in the morning. It was a blast. I slept the rest of the morning and was a couch potato the rest of the afternoon. There were no major snafus and very little drama. Everyone had a great time.

Now that I am all caught up on my sleep... I can focus on my presentation stuff today. And I think I might make some gnocchi. I am looking for a good recipe. Hope most of you are enjoying a relaxing day off!

1 comment:

  1. Filtered beverages and homemade gnocchi, a winning combination!

    ReplyDelete