Friday, February 18, 2011

Your comments have been heard

Sorry folks. I know I said I'd update Monday or Tuesday about my incredibly long day on Sunday.... and its already Friday. My Bad.

Sunday was tiresome with four sessions plus a 3 hour rehearsal. Monday I didn't do anything. Tuesday and Wednesday I practiced and started working on my presentation for upcoming in-services.
Thursday I had a piano lesson and then rushed up to SJ for a run through with the cast and then on up to Julie's to rehearse for her sister's wedding (which occurs tomorrow). I am pretty beat. Tonight we rehearse with the other cast (there are 2).

Anyhow.

Sunday was great. I feel more confident running my sessions and even spent more time than usual planning. I had this great valentines day type of thing going on for one session... and it was going pretty well until 3 out of the 5 people in that particular group were picked up. Soo... the plan went out the window. I am used to that by now... but it still surprises me. Oh well. There's just one session- my last of the afternoon-- that I still feel like I'm not quite doing anything. I am going to brainstorm with my boss and see what she thinks.
I am really enjoying the individual sessions. The client is amazing and works hard to participate. You can't really ask for much more than that. The parents are extremely supportive as well. It makes it extremely enjoyable.
Its nice to be a professional.

On the school front: I have two in-services scheduled! The in-services are scheduled sort of close together which is nice. I have just a couple of weeks. I have put together most of the ppt for the school.... the preschool is another story. I haven't quite decide what I want to do there---aside from really demonstrating age appropriate interventions. Once this weekend is over... I am really going to start refining and polishing and run throughs. Its in the practice giving the demonstrations that I figure out which information can stay, what needs to be cut and what should be added. Sigh. Plus its going to take some time for find some good interventions for the preschool--- that is definitely out of my current range of experience.
for the in-services, my hope is that this opens the door to further talks and workshops. The assistant executive director told me that they were talking with a few other therapists in the area... so I guess my out of this world hope is that they decide that I am the best fit for their program and take it from there.
Ideally I would love to work there fulltime. It's an incredible organization. But baby steps.

I will try and update more regularly, especially as I put together my presentations. I hope to really describe the whole process.

In the meantime, I have to get ready for rehearsal. This includes making sure I have all my cords and things... plus a box of girl scout cookies and a sandwich for intermission. We all know that if I don't eat something that some little kid in a gangster suit and fedora may be in danger if they get too close. ;) Actually the kids are awfully cute and the musicians in the pit are great. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Okay. Off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment