Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Contract

I got my contract for the school today!
Its official and I'm already hard at work conceptualizing the program. I love working with the education director. She has a great vision for my program as well as the therapy department. For now there's a lot of work and not a long of time. The contract is for the next few months which will allow everyone to see how the program is going at that time and if the relationship is working.... oh yeah and also funding.

Personally, I'm getting a little tired. My friends are finding full time positions with benefits and I feel like I'm lagging behind... in a private practice... which was not originally what I wanted to do out of internship. But now that I'm here, for now, I really want another contract to fill out my schedule.

I had a great conversation with my friend (my colorado friend) this afternoon about where I "could" and "should" be. I don't really like to "should" all over myself. She is in a private practice model and said that it takes about two years to figure things out and build a network. She now has more work than she knows what to do with. I'm not sure I accept that and I'm pretty convinced that I can cut that time down. ;) I guess I really want to focus on celebrating that I'm in a totally different place than when I came home from internship a year ago... and that I have a new contract that was built from a hunch and a cover letter. Go me! Sometimes it's hard to focus on that.

I am off to celebrate!

4 comments:

  1. FINALLY! I was about ready to send out the militia and demand a full audit of the post office. Congrats, Miz Laurenza, this is a great accomplishment in the land of persistance and making your own stuff happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By celebrate do you mean oven roasting Brussels sprouts? Because that works for me!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone!
    And yes, by celebrate I do mean tiny turkey meatloaves, oven roasted brussel sprouts and a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Your hard work and determination payed off! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete