Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Work-Day

I had my usual Sunday schedule today. My sessions went well, except that I developed a mysterious sore throat before my last session.
Anyhow, in my second session, the first thing one of my clients said was "Today is September 11th." I guess I didn't really consider that some of my clients would be affected (effected?) by 9/11. I was a little surprised. My own feelings aside, I wanted to be sure to address this since my client did readily bring it up.

It felt a little bit awkward to me.  I feel a little detached because I don't have a huge emotional recollection of that particular day... even though logically I know that it changed everything. With that said, I sympathize with and respect those that were greatly affected and who still grieve. So it was important that I be able to put all that aside to talk with my client about it. We talked about what happened and how he wanted to proceed in music. Afterwards we sang some patriotic songs.


Tonight N and I are sharing a pizza and watching the Addams Family movie. We took a vote- Angelica Huston was the best Morticia. I was just corrected by N- the only Morticia.

I had a lovely conversation with a colleague/mentor today. Lately, I've been in denial about being in private practice. But... really because I am working off of contracts, I am already in private practice without having planned it or intended it. Shoot. I was advised that I can either get out of the water - you know da-nile- and get to it, or I can float for a limited and preset amount of time (ex. 19 days). I told my mentor that I chose the topless nile rowers for a few more days, maybe weeks. :) She said that was okay- but eventually I'll have to get out of the water. I adore her and I'm glad I got to chat with her.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I have a few more sessions tomorrow and then give my first instructional inservice at the school this week. We are mere steps away from signing a contract!

No comments:

Post a Comment