Thursday, September 1, 2011

Polar Opposites

Today was opposites day I guess.

I expected my first session to be a "run of the mill" session- as "usual" as any session can get. Instead it was a little chaotic. Well a lot chaotic. There was a really interesting energy happening in the room today. There were a few tantrums and thrown drums and mallets and spilled water.. but some really beautiful moments of interaction in music. You forget about the craziness afterwards and remember the productive stuff.

My second session was mellow and ran itself. The music did it for me. I'm glad it did. I was worried most that I wasn't going to have a solid plan. It turned out well.

There's a theme in all of my little journal entries - I have my own little music therapy journal that I use for before and after sessions. Anyhow the theme is always, "well that went better than expected." I think by now, I should be a lot better at trusting myself and my skills. I'm working on it.

I am putting my labor aside for the weekend and celebrating with a little weekend trip with Peaches & friends.
Happy Labor Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment