Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pacing

I did 3 miles yesterday on a jog-walk (mostly jog, I'd say). Dad was going really slow on his bike, we did half the levi and I went home while he went on his usual route. It felt pretty good and I can even move my legs this morning. I'd call that a success.

What I realized while I was running with Dad trailing at a snails pace behind (he was a good sport) that I have trouble pacing myself when I run. I go a lot faster than I need to and get tired quickly. I didn't realize that running style completely summed up other areas of life. Go figure. Anyhow, we shared a good laugh over that. Pacing and Balance. Two things that don't go away apparently.

I had a session yesterday with some older adults. One of my favorite things is when we sing old familiar songs and some of the ladies break out in harmony.

I'm still waiting on the contract from the school- there must have been a mail glitch (I'm hoping). I am looking forward to creating a program. There are so many possibilities to create programming but I don't know how the program will look until we really get started. The best news is that I don't have tuberculosis. I had to get a TB test for the school. Next stop, fingerprinting.


No comments:

Post a Comment