Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

Tomorrow I get a first look at a contract with the school. And present on the referral process.

I spent way too much time at Staples today trying to make sure my little referral forms were perfect. It came close. Lets just say, I got my copies and have plenty of extras, just in case. I'm most excited about buying a new journal. I've been keeping a journal for my music therapy days so I can keep accurate anecdotal notes and process things that happen through my writing. During my internship, I found that writing absolutely helps me.
I've been terribly consistent, journaling and taking notes after every session and sometimes in between if something is weighing on my mind and heart. It feels pretty good to have it as apart of my routine and process.

I've kept a journal since my very first meeting at this school. This is what I wrote back in February " My hope for the meeting was to score an inservice. At the end of the meeting, I landed 2...." later in the entry I outlined my perfect ideal program. It didn't exactly happen as I planned in my ideal world, but I think its a great start and there is a lot of potential for growth in the way the program is currently planned. Tomorrow marks a new chapter from just meeting and hoping, to fingerprinting and contract signing. Was that a jinx? I hope I didn't just jinx it. :)

Updates tomorrow afternoon.

Also, I'm in full-fledged thinking mode about officially starting my private practice. Business name suggestions are fully welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment