Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 Resolutions

While I'm at it, I wanted to think about new years resolutions.

I stopped doing resolutions a couple of years ago because I never follow through. And I've found that specific resolutions are often harder to keep 4 weeks down the line, than general and broad "tips for clean living."

So this year while everyone was making their obligatory "2011 was great... but I already know 2012 will be amazing..." posts, I was feeling a little resistant to making any sort of summary of my year (which was really positive). I hadn't figured out my key words for 2012. And truthfully, I couldn't remember what I had set out to do in 2011.

About a week ago, I guess I decided.
In 2012, I will strive for/to:

1. Balance - which means being able to say no and knowing my limits. This is often the most difficult thing to do, although I'm learning. That might also include having more fun, more active exercise (getting back into yoga) and updating my blog more often. :)


2. Pace myself - Its easy for me to bite off way more than I can chew. It's also common that I want to run right to the end product without going through the process. This year, I'd like to take my time with things and let them happen organically. You know, enjoy the ride. "Thinking before acting" also falls into this category.


I hope everyone had a wonderful new year celebration and that those resolutions, tips for clean living, promises, goals.. however you frame it... are still going strong. It is, after all, already January 11.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to see this post, real tired of reading December 11. My resolutions are the same as always (at least the last 10 years anyway)....be tan and be fit. These two cover a lot of ground for me! HNY, love you, A.L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second el tee, tired of reading Dec 11, happy to see that a resolution is balance - including new posts!

    ReplyDelete