Wednesday, January 25, 2012

BreakThroughs

I had a breakthrough with one of my clients and mostly because I was really listening.
I've been sort of struggling with planning these particular sessions because its a bit outside of my comfort zone. The experiences I was trying did feel like they were connecting to the fullest.
In this past session, the client casually mentioned something about also enjoying an art class. The lightbulb came on and we spent the session doing some music listening and art then discussion. We hit all of the session objectives through this medium and the client seemed more engaged and participatory throughout. This person could explain things in more detail and with greater insight through the music and art medium than all of the previous experiences we've done together.
I left feeling excited and energized AND I left knowing exactly what I wanted to do the next session.
I love when a good plan comes together.

1 comment: