Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Step in the Right Direction

BedKnobs and Broomsticks is one of my favorite movies. Don't ask why, it just is. Angela Landsbury is amazing 
I've watched the DVD and the special features enough to know that there was a song that ended up on the cutting room floor because the movie is so damn long. The song is called A Step in the Right Direction. Angie Lands sings it while she's learning to fly her broom in the beginning.
Triguna Macoites Tricorum Satis Dee

You can finish rolling your eyes, mom. Anyhow, Thursday, I stepped (again) in the right direction and had to share!

With all of the sessions I'm doing at the school, I was having trouble trying to find the time in my schedule to do some interdisciplinary sessions (music + speech and music + OT). So this week, I asked the person I answer to, I guess my "boss," about the reality of getting some additional hours. She wrote it down to bring up at the next big meeting of her supervisors. The Meeting was yesterday and I received an email almost right away.


I was telling Julie that for ever little step forward I have a realistic goal and a "sky's the limit" goal.
Realistic Goal: Get just a couple of hours more every week.
Outrageous Goal: Be hired on staff.

Results?
I got a couple more hours for my school contract!

This is great news and a great step forward! I'll be there with the extra hours through the school year (June) - at which time we'll talk about summer programming.
I love working there so much. I'm doing more and more co-treats with the other disciplines and people are really starting to think about how they can incorporate music more into their sessions or classrooms.
It is an exciting time.


2 comments:

  1. I should have hidden THAT video!

    YAY...More hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Bedknobs and Broomsticks as a kid!
    More hours, awesome!

    ReplyDelete