Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mantras

How many people out there use Mantras?
Mantras are words or phrases (sometimes syllables like in yoga practice) that are supposed to create some sort of transformation. I never really thought about mantras that way until I googled it. I like that- creating transformation.

I used one yesterday in a post: Process and Move On.
Its a good one and directly related to being able to let go of things that are not worth the time and energy. I'll let you know how that one works out. I was inspired to think about more mantras I have used after yesterday's post. I like them and I think they help me. Sometimes I need to refocus my attention to the things that matter. :)

Other ones I've been known to repeat:

Breathe 
Keep Breathing 
Limitations are Not Failures
Pace yourself
Balance
Just be



Perhaps the most exciting (and most recent) mantra I've encountered was provided by my best friend Julie:

Filter and Tolerate


I crack up whenever I think about it- it's impossible to be in a sour mood and think about filtering and tolerating. It's a good one for me and in a round about way reminds me to go with the flow.


Any other good mantras out there?

2 comments: