Thursday, September 2, 2010

And I'm Back...

Back in Gilroy.
Its definitely nice to be home after my Ohio adventure and this Michigan nonsense. It was very stressful to be in michigan and it was really weird going there right after finishing my intense internship experience. I didn't feel like myself. But now I am back. I had my flight (through Houston- great airport) and my music books to refocus and feel like myself again. Thankfully, I do.

Now I just need to organize my life here a bit. I am taking a few days to just kind of putz around, although, tonight I started moving things around in my room, making space for my little "recording" studio. I have a ton of crap in my room that I don't necessarily need, so I have to find a good way to pack things up. My room feels very cluttered and I don't really like it. As with everything, its a process. I don't necessarily want to get rid of music therapy stuff until I take my certification exam.
I did, however, get my hair cut today- that was nice. I was feeling pretty scraggly there for a while. So I got my hair done and gathered my materials to apply for my certification exam. Geez. The process for applying to even schedule a date to take this test it really annoying- transcripts, letters, papers, and by snail mail. you'd think that they'd make all this stuff available online- it'd be way easier. I have been talking with the people at the CBMT (Certification Board for Music Therapists) and have things kind of taken care of. I will have my application in the mail tomorrow- express. So I will have to make a trip to Fedex, and probably a trip to guitar center (I want to suspend my banjo from the wall to take up less floor space), and of course continue my reading list. Maybe I'll even review some MT material. I've started to pick things to review for this test-- I'm actually really looking forward to taking the practice exam and see how I do.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying my vacation so far. Slowly, I will start diving into my boxes and things. I am very happy to be home and to be relaxing and being meaningfully productive (instead of just ridiculously productive. I want to enjoy my time off). That's about it for tonight. Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    How about setting up your recording studio in the basement. That will clear up the bedroom space and make it easier to move around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A recording studio at the Bistro?! Cool!

    ReplyDelete