Thursday, September 30, 2010

And I'm back

Gosh, I had a lovely time in LA.
I hung with my friend and her little baby boy for a few days and then drove down to Orange and saw my old roommate from Santa Ana and spent time with him. Gosh it was fun. We just chatted and snacked and hot tubbed and watched one of our favorite movies. It was great to see him and see his parents. I loved them dearly. I ended up going to chapman and seeing friends. It turned out to be an extremely positive experience. I saw a bunch of friends and old professors. I think now that I am done with school and have my MT-BC that I was able to focus on all of the fantastic memories I had while going to school there.

I had a chance to have lunch with a former music therapy professor while visiting. This professor also owns a company that provides services to people with disabilities. Its inspiring to hear about how the company has grown and expanded. I guess some places are still hiring full time music therapy positions. It seems like there is more need to create your own job. especially now. I'm still trying to decide

I was talking to a friend of mine who told me to reflect on what I want in a job-- things like "I want to be treated with respect-- with respect of my person and time and abilities" - that kind of stuff. I think it will be a good exercise in trying to decide what I want.

I did decide, today in fact, that I want to network with music therapists in the area. I have to figure out how to find them. :) I think I will sent out a few e mails. I do love sending emails. I haven't heard of many around here. I'm not exactly sure why, but I am determined to find a few. Maybe I'll email some friends on the regional board to see where I should start.

Anyhow, I am going to be house sitting soon which is going to provide me some time to work on a presentation proposal for a music therapy conference. I think Peaches, the dog I'm sitting, can help me out with that... or at least provide comic relief.
That's it for now. I drove a lot today! (22 to 405 to 605 to 210 to 5) and I am exhausted. Time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Just glad you're back safe and sound and didn't melt along the way.

    ReplyDelete