Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lunch dates and things

Today was fun. I got together with a teacher from high school today. We had lunch over at Willow Street. It was nice to catch up and network a bit- he's going to pass along some jobs and gigs my way if he gets them. I was also asked if I'd be interested in getting involved as an adult leader on one of the retreats next month. So all in all, a great day. It was kind of a trip to be back in some of my old high school stomping grounds.

After I finished at school I stopped by one of my best high school friend's house. She happened to be home and lives about 10 minutes away from Mitty. It was great to see her. I haven't seen her in probably a year. She's newly engaged to a guy we went to high school with who also happens to be in the navy and close to deployment. So I am excited that I am going to be home to occupy her time while he's away. Apparently I am good at that.
It was a great day and now I should probably study and eat dinner. Mayyybe a movie first.... sigh. I can see how this "studying" thing is going to end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment