Saturday, September 25, 2010

Twas the night before...

I leave for LA.

I've got all my gifts and presents set to go- and they are even semi-wrapped. Everybody has a bag. My mother always taught me to never go anywhere empty handed. I think I'll bring a plate of brownies too- but I'll wait until late tonight to bake them. Its way too hot to turn the oven on.

I am excited to get down to see my friend and her family. We're going to try and see a former professor too. Its fun to get together with our old prof now as we both transferred from Chapman. She is a hoot and a half and I am excited to see her in person. She was instrumental in getting me to Arizona and beyond. She is also so fun to spend time with. Hopefully Casey and I will get to visit with her among other things. I think we're going to go out one night, sort of "girls -night" and of course a cooking lesson (I'll be teaching).
I am also going to have the chance to get down to Orange to see my roommate from Chapman. He's a great guy and I adore his parents, so I am excited to see them. I haven't seen him since I moved to Arizona... I think its been like 2 years. Jon is just one of my best guy friends. He's just a true friend-- you know, one of those people who I can just pick up where we left off no matter how long its been. I am excited to see him later in the week. I'll probably get back up to Gilroy on Thursday.

I don't think I'll get to the chapman campus- I guess I could drop in on people to say hello. Most of the time when I've visited the campus its been more of a bitter experience. Maybe there is still a little bit of hurt there from everything that went down. No matter. It doesn't really matter what Jon and I do- it will be fun regardless.

No other progress on the job front. I am still enjoying the vacation time for sure. Time is passing quickly though. I am housesitting next week and getting my wisdom tooth extract the week after that! Soon it'll be november and time for my boston trip! I can't wait. Its been nice to have some time off to sleep in, visit friends, read fun books, and putz around town. Its refreshing to come back to Gilroy after being away for extended periods of time. I've lived here all of my life- and while its true that there is little to do around here- I love being home and enjoying life at a slower pace... at least for a little while. :) its kind of like being at Cheers, where everybody knows your name.

I am, for the first time ever, taking the white car on my little road trip. I have driven the X5- Annabelle- since my sophomore year at Chapman. I guess times have changed and now I will drive the white car. I'll have to get around without GPS and without a voice telling me (in a snotty tone) "Please make a legal U-turn." Annabelle and I have gotten into a shouting match many times. :) She thinks she knows everything. Anyhow, its just me and my ipod tomorrow for the drive. I am looking forward to it. Hopefully I won't get lost or leave my purse anywhere (damn Ohio). I am so excited to get down south and will certainly update when I return- probably with photos! Yahoo.

Safe travels everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Safe travels back to you, Miz Laurenz....sounds like a fun-filled, rockin' good time. Don't know when we'll fit in this Baja deal....this trip promises to be much more fun than hanging out with the ol' Aunt. Catch you on the flip flop....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having been "Annabel" with maps in my lap in Seattle, I have a new appreciation for her and her frustration for resetting the course when the driver makes an unadvised turn.

    If you make it any further south on this trip, stop by the Diner. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you girl, I'm so ready for a job! I hope you follow my blogspot. Good to find another MT-BC. Congrats on your new board certification!

    ReplyDelete