Saturday, September 4, 2010

more progress

OK. So aside from margarita time this afternoon, today was very productive. I played and practiced- my lounge act is getting quite good- and Dad cleaned out the basement = recording studio. I'll post a picture tomorrow. It's a pretty cool space. I have my old TV/monitor from my AZ apartment hooked up so I can use it as more desktop space, but I've also hooked up my DVD player- so really, there' s no reason to ever leave the basement except for eat and sleep. brilliant. I am excited that it looks so good. I don't know what I was thinking of trying to do the same set up in my room. That would have been overwhelming. So Julie, if you're reading this, come home soon so we can play.

In other news, I ordered my practice exam and started on some questions. Some of the questions I absolutely knew- hands down. Other questions were more in between and there were a few just absolutely ridiculous questions-- impossible scenarios because they are dependent on so many things. Sigh. I guess that is the trouble with this test. I don't want to be over confident- but I am encouraged after doing almost half of it. I'll tackle some more tomorrow and revisit monday/tuesday- Maybe I'll be ready to take the test by Friday at the earliest- depending on my application materials. I am glad to be doing the test- its nice to get acquainted with the test format and using the computer. I find that if I just trust my instincts, that I will most likely come out with the correct answer. We'll see. I haven't submitted my answers yet but I am making notes of the things I am unsure of to review.... things like in other populations that I have little to no experience in - like Hospice and Psychiatric facilities. At this point, I just want to get this damn thing over with and pass it. blech. The story continues....

Dad and I are putting the last little touches on the basement tomorrow and I plan to read, practice and study- quite a day planned. Gotta work on my tan that has certainly faded since being in NY and continue my reading, relaxing and reviewing- the three Rs. What day is it anyhow? hmmm Sunday (almost). Okay. Well. Sunday Funday.
In other news, Michigan won their season opener today. GO BLUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment