Monday, September 20, 2010

Clearly behind...

I haven't updated in a while. I know.

I have been enjoying my vacation and down time especially since my test is done and passed. I have been productive in pulling together my resume, I just ordered some new business cards AND I'm starting to pool together some resources for a marketed folder to bring to potential employers.

Soooo I'm trying to balance the fun and still move forward. Once my resume is done (especially my resume) I am going to start contacting facilities in the area. I have a couple in mind. We'll see what happens. I also have a potential opportunity somewhere to gain experience

I am getting excited for the next few weeks. Here's what is up on the agenda:

LA Trip - later this week! I'm visiting my best friend from Chapman. She recently had a little baby boy and I haven't seen her since her wedding. I am excited to head down there and spend a few days.

House/Dog sitting- Early October. I'll be watching a friend's dog and house while they are away on vacation for a week or so. I am looking forward to that.

Junior Retreat- Mid October. I am really looking forward to going on the retreat. Its going to be different leading this retreat as an adult. I'm looking forward to a fresh point of view and to see which parts of the retreat will resonant with me now-- a whole 5-6 years later.

Boston Trip - Early November. I booked my tickets to go see my best friend Julie in Boston. I am very excited. I will also be able to see my co-intern while I am out there.

Those are the big things. I am able to get together with a bunch of old high school friends while I am home as well. That has been fun too.

Oh. Tomorrow I get to go see an oral surgeon about a wisdom tooth. I have just one. They found just one. 23 years and not a word about my wisdom teeth. Until last week. So I have a consult tomorrow to see if they have to be extracted. We'll see what happens.

That's the update for now. I will keep you all posted of opportunities and adventures that I run into. I'm looking to build a list of potential agencies and facilities for pitching music therapy programs in the area. If you have any ideas, resources, or connections let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping the blog. I like knowing what you are doing. If you have time while in LA, think about coming a little south to see Holly and me. :>) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. maybe I will! I will keep you posted. I wasn't originally going to go as far south as SD, but you make a convincing argument. It would be great to see you both!

    ReplyDelete