Monday, November 22, 2010

My Day at the VA

Hey y'all. (That was in my best Paula Deen voice)

Today I observed a music therapist at the VA in Menlo Park. My Aunt's friend currently volunteers for the music therapy group there. And boy, is it a hoot! The vets were fabulous and there are some characters in the group. It was nice to see music therapy in that form and it was nice to see the vets enjoying themselves, singing and participating in the conversation. I had a lot of fun interacting with them.

I had a chance to have lunch with the music therapist and talk with her about how she got her job, where she started, school and difference in thought. We do things very differently. She was really nice and actually has a connection to another music therapist that I plan on meeting with next week! Small World around here apparently. It made us both laugh.



Speaking of laughs... there are some funny music therapy comics out there. Placebo Domingo... hardy har har.


The big ravioli day pictures will be coming up soon. We've been busy here in our house.
Coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Waiting, waiting, waiting....(no so patiently, apparently!)

    ReplyDelete