Friday, November 19, 2010

New Motivation


Okay. So.
Its been a busy few days.

I met with a family friend and from that got a ton of ideas, a few more contacts, and a brand new degree of motivation. I really need to start building my network around here, starting with music therapists in the area. They have been hard to find and there has to be a few more that are hiding. I've been working on that. I've emailed a few people to see if they would be available to meet and/or talk. So far, I've gotten 2 yeses. That's a good thing.

My sister is building me a website for all of my therapy stuff--- and eventually my piano stuff. I want people to search for music therapy and have my name come up. Its going to look really nice. Yesterday (while I was listening to the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Audio Book) I did a ton of copy to send to her. I've been looking at websites I like and websites I don't like. I have to admit, that has been fun.
I am however, looking for a great domain name for my website. Something with "music therapy" in it- like a business name kind of thing. So far the best idea I have had is "laurenisawesome.com" Apparently that isn't appropriate. A lot of people use their name like Lauren Bevilacqua Music Therapy Services... BUT how easy is it to misspell bevilacqua? KB was thinking maybe: laurenmtbc.com But we were also concerned about random letters....
So I am officially opening it up to you all at this time. Calling all of you creative people out there!


One other thing- I am very close to getting a meeting at a private organization that provides education for kids with disabilities. I got connected through my friend's mom who is currently a teacher there. She took one of my cards last weekend to bring into work and yesterday (!) I got an email back asking for my resume. I guess this place is interviewing a few candidates in the next few weeks. I am hoping to just score a meeting with the organization to show them my stuff and trying to remain optimistic, but realistic about the whole thing. So happy thoughts that I might get this meeting/interview.


I accomplished a lot yesterday- my room is clean and laundry is just about done. Its made a difference in my productivity (case in point- yesterday) and I feel like I am better able to take care of business. After all of my work yesterday, I am celebrating this morning by taking my dad to go see Harry Potter. Hmm... maybe its more for me. :)
Have a wonderful Friday and relaxing weekend!

1 comment:

  1. LBMusicTherapy.com
    LaurenDoesMusic.com
    LaurenAGoGo.com
    I'll keep working on it.

    ReplyDelete