Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ravioli Fest 2010 pt. 1

The set up:
The cuisinart, tons of flour and some other stuff. We made 6 batches.

Usually my sissy makes the dough. It's her job and she always makes perfect dough. It took us a couple of batches to get the balance just right.









The other part of the set up includes the ravioli board and pins.
The board was my grandmother's and it came across the isthmus on the back of a donkey a really long time ago.

I got the full story from Dad--- its a seasonal favorite. Just ask.








the dough has to rest a while before you can roll it out.










Rolling it out is more of a stretching process. you have to get the dough big enough to put stuffing on half of it. You stretch it out around the long rolling pin and roll the pin (haha rolling pin) to make the flour fly. I'm not sure the exact reason, but its pretty awesome.





Check out this beauty. I did this one.


1 comment: