Monday, November 8, 2010

Boston Weekend 2010, Pt. 1

It all started with a water bottle.

This weekend, I flew out to Boston to see my best friend Julie. When I say "it all started with a water bottle," it did. I got to the airport with plenty of time to grab a bite to eat for the plane ride. I intended to stop for food at this cafe, grabbed a water bottle and then decided that I didn't want anything on the menu. So I kept looking. Unfortunately, as I ordered from a restaurant closer to my gate, I realized that I was still in fact holding said water bottle. Oops.
*first "oops" to appear in this post.

Contraband. Bad. I was mortified. I made it to Boston without any run-ins with the air marshals. So this whole trip was kind of like that meaning, I (we) had good intentions but sometimes things sort of become a hilarious disaster (foreshadow, maybe).

I hopped a cab over to Julie's after arriving. We were up pretty late just catching up and sort of talking about plans for the weekend. We watched some old videos from High School and just laughed.
Friday we were up early for class. I sat at the Starbucks with a coffee and newspaper until my co-intern Kari came into the city. I was so excited to spend the day with her. She ended up with some obstacles of her own which left me with some extra time. Once the rain let up, I decided
to just start walking. I walked almost 3 miles around Boston. It was wonderful to be in the city, kind of lost, just walking. The weather was okay. Overcast and definitely brisk. But it was perfect that way. I loved being in colder weather.
Kari and I met up and spent the day exploring. We went to the North Side and checked out the historic site of the Boston Molassacre and a couple of parts of the Freedom Trail, stopped for afternoon dessert at this wonderful little hole-in-the-wall place.



----> the plaque for the Boston Molassacre. It's sort of hard to find and easily missed if you aren't really looking for it.




We then high tailed it on the T over to Cambridge because we felt like it. We had the time before we were meeting Julie and Kari's husband for dinner back near Fenway.





<----I took a picture in front of the Harvard Band room for my sissy.




Anyhow, Dinner was great. And it was wonderful to go around the city with Kari. We had great adventures and I am so thankful that we got to see each other. It felt a little weird when I finished internship. She was such a big part of my internship experience. HopeAfter returning to Julie's apartment we decided that it would be great to head to Manhattan Saturday via the Chinatown bus and rush some broadway tickets.
What's the worst that could happen?

to be continued.....




No comments:

Post a Comment