Friday, November 12, 2010

Unexpected things...

Today began in an unexpected way.

Dad and I decided to hit the Ford dealership to start looking at possible cars for me. I need a car with an actual roof (all of our cars are convertibles) and four doors. There needs to be space enough for my keyboard and accessories for gigs and things.

I walked out of the dealership with a new car.

I made my first adult purchase of a car. I spent more than I had anticipated, but the money has been worth it. Its a used 2010 Ford Flex Limited (with little mileage). Its got tons of bells and whistles... so I got pretty much one of the top models for the basic model price. It has voice activated navigation, bluetooth for my phone (which can also be controlled by the voice activated system), usb plug in for my ipod, 911 assist, and a way to control LED lights in the cup holders and below all of the seats (even in the back seat). It seats seven and has PLENTY of room for all of my stuff. It's actually quite long and wagony- but I love it. It's slate blue. You can also watch a DVD on the navigation screen when the car is in park. Oh it also has a AC plug in case you need to charge your computer. And when you put the car in reverse, there's a camera in the back that shows you where you're going. And of course, seat warmers.

I am very excited. Now I just need a job in order to pay myself back.

On the job front, there are a few more opportunities presenting themselves, so we'll see which ones materialize. I am working on it. It feels like more things are coming together.

Pictures tomorrow

1 comment: