Monday, January 24, 2011

Breaking News

Ah!
Today I heard from the school that I had approached a couple of months ago (the school where my friend's mom works). The therapist they were working with was suddenly unable to provide services at the school. I've been asked if I'm still interested in speaking with them about an in-service. AHHHHH! exciting.

So now I am painstakingly crafting the perfect e mail that says, "YOU BET I'M STILL INTERESTED!"

Sigh. Poor Aimee. She's sitting on the couch dealing with my writing process.

----------
Today I spent some one on one time with my boss and learned about how to better facilitate drum circles and the techniques she employs when working with groups with disabilities. That was great. My skills aren't very strong in this area, so it was nice to get the individual attention and the opportunity to practice on her. THEN we went to a monday afternoon session and I ended up using some of the skills I learned that morning! It was a nice real-life experience to reinforce newly acquired skills.

Back to email composing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My!!! That is so exciting! At least Aimee is there it entertain The Baroness. Good news all around. XO

    ReplyDelete