Thursday, January 6, 2011

Songbooks and things

oh my

I'm working putting together song books to include in my MT toolbox- as they say.

I have a ton of songs and I'm making lyric sheets and master copies with melodies and chords blah blah blah blah.
I think tomorrow I'll take to Staples to make copies and start assembling. This could get costly, but it will be something that lasts a lifetime and that I can bring to anything. Some of the lyric sheets have nice graphics too.

Today I am starting lessons with a kid down the street. I am looking forward to it. Now i have to do those last minute preparations and confirm my plan of attack.

I learned by M&Ms on the keyboards (which I think explains quite a bit about me) and we had doggie bones for every 30 minutes we practiced (had to have a parent sign off on it) and those doggie bones were redeemable for prizes. We also got stickers when we finished a piece AND every year there was a "chuckie cheese piece" where all the kids that learned that piece got a trip to chuckie cheese.
But I'm not sure I'm going to do all that. It's just one student, so I think I'll give him the choice of stickers or something else.... I have 90 or so minutes to figure it out. Great... best teacher evvvveerrr

No comments:

Post a Comment