Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kitchen Update

I can't seem to figure out how to get the kitchen back in full working order. I guess I am not doing it right.

I finished most everything on my list except for laundry. That will have to wait until tomorrow when I am done with my Monday sessions. Oh yeah, I am working tomorrow. I had forgotten about that until the early afternoon. The nice thing about housesitting is that I only have to drive 20 minutes to get to work tomorrow. I can sleep in! I did my session plans... but I also managed to get through my presentation for conference and trim it up. Its almost ready to send to Maggie for feedback.

Tomorrow I am also going to pick up my score. I am playing in another children's theater show at the end of April. They are doing a production of Starmites and I can hardly contain my excitement. The show was written in the 80s which means that I get to use various Synthesizer sounds on my keyboard. I got my recording tonight and I am picking up my score to start picking out synth sounds. The show has 2 keyboards... so its hard to tell from just the recording which part I will be playing and which sounds I will need... which is why I need my score. I am looking forward to giving it a good listen and following along in my score. I am fairly certain that there is a need for electric piano and perhaps a harp sound. I can't wait. Being in the pit for this show (and the show I did in February) makes me feel like I have more of a social life than I actually do. It makes me very happy and its fun to make music in this way-- its different from the usual.

Tomorrow also marks the beginning of the week which means I should hear from the school this week. I also managed to brainstorm a little bit about putting a program together for the school... just in case.

Time to get ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment