Saturday, March 19, 2011

Peach Sitting Day 01

Oh Hai there.
Today is day one of dog-sitting my lovely god-dogter, Peaches. She's currently chewing on "blue chewy" on my foot- a favorite pastime. I don't mind. It keeps her entertained, especially on a day where we won't be going for a walk outside. I'll have to chase her around the house later to work up a good pant. Things are very quiet here. It's nice. On this rainy day I have some nice music going and am finally getting around to reading some of the books I've been meaning to get through. I started "The curious incident of the dog in the nighttime." Its good so far.

I plan to do a lot of reading while I'm here and also finishing up my presentation for a music therapy conference happening in just two weeks. Yikes times flies.

On the School front- the AED told me that she'd follow up regarding my presentations and services some time next week. So at least I have a vague timeline of when I will hear from her. We will see!
Stay tuned for bulldog adventures throughout the week.

2 comments:

  1. Think you'll like "Curious", maybe "House Rules", too. Saw in the Merc today there is a new one out by Jody Picoult called "Sing You Home"...an exploration of gay rights in a novel about a music therapist who desperately wants a child. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. The Picoult book. The MT Community has been all a-buzz about this book. I like how picoult manages to mash a few big controversial issues all within one book, always.
    I guess she shadowed a music therapist in the new england region.... in the meantime all the MTs are talking about how its about music therapy. My first impression (based on a friend's review) is that its more about the gay rights and relationships. I guess the MT falls in love with a social worker on the team or something. I don't think I'll be reading that any time soon. :)

    ReplyDelete