Friday, March 11, 2011

Success

I'd call today's presentation a SUCCESS!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my biggest fears today was that the participants were not going to be participatory. That was something I could not control ahead of time. I wasn't worried about knowing my stuff- that I can control. It was the other stuff.. the uncontrollable stuff.

I started my "hello" song and they all became animated and started singing along. I knew right away that they were going to be a great crowd to present to and that all the experiential things I had planned would work well. It was an excellent presentation. I was able to say all of the things that I wanted to say and also show them some of the experiences I might use and corresponding goal areas and rationale. btw, thanks bri- that hello song you sent was a real crowd pleaser.

The assistant executive director (AED) was there as well. She seemed to like what I presented and said that all of my experiential stuff was great- spot on with the age appropriateness. I finished with about 10 minutes left for questions. One person said, "so when's the first session?" which made me feel good. I left feeling positive about a future with this particular organization.
I still have one more presentation to do next week at the school. The AED said that the energy there is totally different. I remember from the quick tour I did with her. The general atmosphere is definitely different. I told her what I planned to do instead of the experientials which is to show some video from a case study I did during my internship. I think that is going to fit the mood a bit better.

I am relieved and energized. I feel like I really can do this and make this happen. I am excited to polish up my next presentation and give it another go. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

1 comment:

  1. In the words of my niece, I concur....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete