Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Funday

This Spring Forward day wasn't so bad. Not so different from the other days, except that I did notice that all of the bikers were out today in the east bay.
I made it home and am now enjoying a nice cold beverage whilst I update they ol' blog and finish up my documentation for today.
I had four great sessions today.

I could start to see tiny differences in my morning client. Some of the movements are more fluid and the amount of singing this client is doing has greatly increased--- all excellent developments. Plus there was a keyboard set out.... turns out that going back to my training and approach seems like a good fit for this particular person. It was easier to facilitate some things sitting side by side and using the piano is going to be beneficial in the overall treatment plan for this individual.

Its sort of amazing to note how different each session is. It shouldn't be a big surprise. I'm different at each hour (even minute) of the day, I'm working with different groups, different goals, different dynamics. Each Sunday workday feels like an epic journey.... but more like one of those books where you get to a certain part in the story and you can either choose to go to page 11 to chase the squirrel or flip to page 45 to save the universe. You know... those pick your own ending books.

This week is going to be busy- I have the second presentation at that school, a couple of sessions on Tuesday, a dentist appointment Wednesday morning and will be finishing out the week housesitting with my favorite lady bulldog, Peaches. I also have to madly prep for conference including my presentation AND this other thing I'm helping out with at conference. Anyhoooowwwww..... one day at a time.

Back to my documentation and back to my ice cold beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment