Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lauren's First In-service.

It's time for Lauren's First In-service.

Tomorrow I am giving my first presentation (as a professional) to a private school for kids with autism. They are interested in incorporating music therapy into their program but are currently (to my understanding) trying to find the perfect MT. I would argue that I am the perfect MT for the job.

My presentation is organized into three parts: Part I is a general overview of music therapy and my own specific approach. Part II is the practical demonstration of experiences that target some of the goals they work on at the preschool. Part III is more indepth about the process of music therapy: referral, assessment, delivering services and documentation (to, most important, show growth over time and the need for services).

I'm feeling good about it... except for the sinking feeling I have about having enough handouts. I don't know how many people are going to be there tomorrow afternoon. And that the experiential stuff is going bomb. blech.
well I actually have to practice now.

Send good ju-ju tomorrow afternoon and special thoughts towards the number of handouts I'm bringing.

3 comments:

  1. No argument, you ARE perfect for the job. Juju, mojo, abracadabra all coming your way from the Rancho. Ariba, Lorenza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    You always did a great and thourough job of presenting any assignment in class and always had the coolest graphs. So I'm sure that you will give an excellent presentation! They'd be CRAZY not to be wowed and want you as their MT. I can't imagine that they won't think that you are perfect for the job!!!! But you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!
    Cathy Powers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you A.L.!
    Soo good to hear from you Cathy! I laughed out loud when I read this because I definitely included graphs in my presentation! I guess some things don't change! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete