Saturday, December 18, 2010

And the category is....

Wedded Bliss.

I attended a wedding shower this afternoon. It was a lot of fun. Thankfully we played few games none of which involved toilet paper dresses.

A quick update.
I heard back from the school where my friend's mom works. The assistant executive director was impressed with my resume and cover letter (I wrote a fantastic cover letter) but unfortunately they do not have opens at this time. She is going to keep my information on file. We are however, working to schedule an inservice for all of the staff. I've got some fabulous ideas. My hope is that they see my inservice and decide that they have to have me, no matter what. :)

I met with a friend of a friend who has been in the education field for many years. We talked about my options and what special education looks like here in the bay area. It was helpful to meet with this woman and she gave me a whole new list of places to look at. She also basically said that I need to get a masters in education or music education and perhaps look into other credentials. Sigh. She also suggested applying for jobs as an instructional assistant for kids of special education. I don't know if this is something that I'd really like to do.... but I see the value in it.

For now, I am enjoying the holiday down time. Its hard to look for job opportunities and things when everyone is wrapping up for the year. We will see what the new year will bring.

Sissy comes home monday yahoo! And I'll be house/dog sitting Ms. Peaches the bulldog next week. I am looking forward to both things.


No comments:

Post a Comment