Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Parties

I am christmas party-ed out. I am christmas open house-d out.
how exhausting.

Although I've been described as "precocious," I noticed how introverted I am this weekend. I had a bridal shower to attend on Saturday and 2 (technically 3) christmas open house parties yesterday. I made it to 2. But what I noticed was how draining it can be (for me) to be around a ton of people that I don't know. Its exhausting. It didn't stop me from attending the open house parties--- Every year my friend Aimee's mom make the best chicken salad sandwiches for their annual christmas tea. They are the best.

Anyhow, I like small get-togethers with people that I know. Then I can be precocious. Most of the time at big parties, I just feel a little awkward and a little overstimulated with chatter and a ton of people. I guess it is no secret that I love to have my alone time to recharge my batteries. That is probably the major reason why I loved living by myself throughout my Arizona school stuff. And I am aware of my "personality type" through the Myers-Briggs test, you know the four letter code ( INTJ all the way). But I guess I became a little more aware of the whole "I" factor this weekend. I thought that was pretty interesting.

Sissy arrives in CA today! Yahoo. I'm going to scoop her up from the airport this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment