Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Cheer

My christmas party gig last night went really well! It was a ton of fun and they seemed to enjoy the music. I'd call it a success.

Anyhow, as I awoke this morning from my peaceful slumber, I heard the sound of christmas music BLARING from the living room. I guess Christmas is here in our house. Aside from the music, there is one more tell-tale sign the season has arrived here in our house: Hanging Ornaments.

Mom and Dad got an already decorated christmas tree at an auction this weekend in support of Kids Discover Arts! Its a nice tree- for a fake one. We always get a big real tree. Always.

Mom and Dad decided to assemble this thing in the dining room this year. Its a lovely addition to the decor around here. Hanging ornaments is THE official sign that christmas has arrived and that "christmas cheer" is officially in season.

And by christmas cheer-- I mean phrases like, "NO! Don't hang that one there" and "No no, you see that hole there between that green thing and the dangling thing" and "This is so stupid. Who put the lights on this thing?" and "Really? No. That looks too gawdy" or "Geez these will look great stashed around Sissy's room." Tis the most wonderful time of the year!

Happy Holiday season everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment