Friday, May 27, 2011

The Blogging World


There are a few different music therapy blogs out in the blogosphere these days. Some MTs are really trying to grab ahold of the information age and use it to their advantage- for informing public, for marketing and for advocacy.

I often stop and think about how my blog compares to the other ones out there.

I think I try to give snap shots of the things happening in my life. This blog has not taken a turn into advocacy at this time.. not to say that it won't transform over time. There are plenty of other music therapy blogs aimed at providing resources and technical information and others aimed at painting more personal pictures.

One that I stumbled upon while I was looking up other MT blog was The Mindful Music Therapist. <http://mindfulmusictherapist.blogspot.com/
I had the pleasure of sitting in on a presentation by Roia and it was amazing. I enjoyed her perspective and her ability to be completely candid. Her presentation was on taboo topics in MT- it was wonderfully uncomfortable and I learned a lot.

This highlights some of the research happening right now and incorporates podcasts. I think that's pretty cool.

here's a blogger at the Nordoff Robbins clinic that I just found after a quick search.

There are tons of other sites out there including ones by former classmates now colleagues (http://brianna-lifesasymphonyplayyourpart.blogspot.com) and other popular figures in MT at the moment.
Kat Fulton's http://www.rhythmforgood.com/ always has something interesting on it.

If you have a quick second, its kind of fun to see what else is out there. MT is a broad field with many models and ways of doing things. Its nice to be reminded that it takes all kinds and that the number of online resources is certainly growing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the mention, Lauren, and thanks for coming to the spiel! I don't know how on earth I totally missed your blog! Glad to know you're out there blogging away. Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete