Monday, May 30, 2011

My Good Ideas

I come up with at least 3 great ideas every day.

Only now (well, yesterday) have I decided to start keeping track of them in my "Good Idea Journal." That in itself, I would say, is a great idea.

Idea No. 1: appreciate the things I have already accomplished.

Today is my birthday and I can't help think about the things I have accomplished as a young professional in my short 24 years and the journey I have yet to travel. I have a lot of things I want to accomplish (at least 3 ideas for different books, workshops, presentations, and curriculum.... just sayin'), but it is nice to take a step back and appreciate the things I have done. I spend a lot of time in my head... its a nice use of my time to appreciate myself. I've completed an internship, passed a board exam, moved home, increased my musicianship and my clinical musicianship, read new books and tried a bunch of new things. Pretty good.

Its nice to be able to take a step back after going and going and going for 5 years to obtain my degree and certification. The slower pace of building relationships and getting a little bit of experience has been a (mostly) welcomed change.

June brings more meetings, more sessions and a wedding. I am hoping to have more to report about the school I've been working with. I will know more after another meeting in a couple of weeks. But for now, I am going to enjoy my accomplishments and growth and my birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment