Friday, May 20, 2011

A Chewed up Flip Flop

I arrived at Peaches' house for a girls weekend and what did I find?
A chewed up flip flop. As you can see here, It doesn't look much like a flip flop anymore. What you can't see here are the little bits of foam and strap that were scattered all over the floor. Oops.

I felt for this flip flop. This flip flop and I are sort of kindred spirits. For just a few days ago, I felt a little like this flip flop-- sort of ragged round the edges with little pieces of my self floating around in odd places. With work, the school stuff and playing back to back shows, I hadn't a whole lot of time to put all my pieces back together. And in my recuperation time, I often worried about other things which makes recuperation time less recuper....ative.... restorative? It made me more tired. A while ago I had planned to visit friends in southern california and I decided that this trip came at the perfect time.

I got to hang with music therapy friends, observe sessions, talk shop, and babysit my friend Paolo. He's the cutest. And smartest. I got to have dinner with one of my mentors which turned out to be extremely therapeutic. I got to go out with my boys (the bassist and guitarist from the Band that I was in at the regional Conference) after observing some sessions. We ended up at this wonderful pizza place for pizza and beer. AND to make things better, it turned out to be karaoke night at this place. My friend D and I brought the house down with Up Where We Belong. It was classic. I left this morning feeling more like myself and very happy. this was just the little trip that I needed and I am thankful to have the flexibility and opportunity to take a little trip in the middle of the week.

This weekend I am hanging with Peach while I prep to do a demonstration session at the school I've been working with- I am looking forward to that. I've got my books to read and a white bulldog to keep me company. AND for dinner tonight I will be enjoying fresh greens (lettuce and spinach) from my garden. yum. I am back in action.

1 comment: