Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Definitely Dragging today...

Whoa. Today I am totally dragging. Its only 7pm and I am exhausted.

Today we had a computer class. It was okay. We learned about logging in, saving files on the network and using outlook. I knew a lot of what he taught, but it was still kind of nice to get a refresher. We finished a little early, so I invited my co-intern over to hang out before she headed all the way back to Newark. It was quite lovely. I prepared some Bevi-Brownies to take with us to Geneva Day Hab tomorrow. I made her sit in the other room while I prepared this timeless and old secret family recipe. They turned out to be delicious- as always. I gave her a little brownie bite for the road.

Tomorrow we are observing in Geneva for the first part of the day. My co-intern is excited because the clients will will see are going to be on her caseload. I've been talking up the Bevi Brownies to my ITD, so we will find out how well they are received tomorrow. Tomorrow also brings another piano inservice. We'll be looking at the pentatonic blues and some Nordoff-Robbins hello/goodbye songs. Did you know that tomorrow is already Thursday? geez. This short week has definitely been short.

Tonight I'm just trying to catch up on some other music therapy stuff and reading and practicing, but I am definitely dragging. Being in a classroom lit by fluorescents all day is draining. Plus I have a late night conference call with some people on the west coast tonight. Please wish me luck in keeping my eyes open, but mostly luck in being able to get up and going tomorrow morning. This whole time difference thing is making this whole 'get things done on the west coast' thing very difficult. Plus I realized that all of my music therapy mail is going to Arizona and I forgot about a change of address thing... hmmmm. Sorry Mom and Dad, I was supposed to remember to do that when I got home. Some time during the next few weeks I'll have to call for my Member number and change of address stuff I think. Now I'm just typing with my stream of consciousness which means that I will stop here.
I'm excited to see more music therapy tomorrow. Its hard to go from observations to inservice type stuff- like computer class this week, first aid and cpr next week kind of thing.
Okay. That's it.
Hope all of you Californians are keeping dry and driving sanely!

3 comments:

  1. Bevi Brownies?! Will you be sharing that recipe with Holly's Diner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Holly. This is a secret family recipe and can only be shared under special circumstances. You have to taste first before I can impart this particular knowledge upon the diner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps if I visit the Bevi Bistro in July I can taste, and the secret would be shared...

    ReplyDelete