Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What a Day!

I was just talking with my friend Jase about how happy I was to have a legit excuse to be asleep by 10pm. He said it was charming- although it didn't sound convincing.

Tonight will definitely be one of those nights. I am absolutely exhausted and already wearing my moccasins and lounging on the couch. I did a lot of observing and taking everything in today. I observed three sessions before lunch, three after lunch and then sifted through two main charts in the last part of the day. I saw so many different and wonderful things. Five out of Six clients we saw today will be on my caseload. Today I just observed but on Friday I will be sitting closer and becoming (hopefully) more closely associated with music therapy. Does that make sense? I hope it does. My brain feels a little like mush today. The clients on my caseload at this particular site range from autistic like tendencies, the entire spectrum of intellectual disabilities (formerly known as mental retardation), to legal deaf and blindness. There is a large variety of behaviors, abilities, strengths and needs. It's a little daunting to say the least, but I'm thinking that the overwhelming feeling will go away.... sooner or later. I am reminded that in music, each individual's personality comes out fully.

Sigh. Did you know its only Tuesday? :)

Tomorrow we have our "audition" with one of the clients. She will make her final decision on who her primary therapist will be after hearing us play through the two audition pieces she provided. Talk about sassy. I'll post the results tomorrow. I know you all must by dying to know who will be chosen. We also have a somatron inservice in addition to more observations. The pace is so fast! Its a good thing I like to be busy.
That's it for tonight.

2 comments: