Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Haunting

My touch lamp is possessed.

I was vegging last night on the couch and all of a sudden my touch lamp on the desk turns on. There are three settings- low, medium and high. It went through the cycle about 5 times last night before I decided to go to bed. I woke up this morning and saw a soft glow from this front room and realized that it turned on again in the course of the night.
I've determined that it indeed has a mind of its own. As a result, I'm entering into a period of scientific observation to determine if the light turns on in response to events occurring in my apartment. For example, the lamp turned on while I was watching TV last night. Does it only turn on while the tv is on? Does the lamp turn on when the windows are open? I don't know. I'm going to start a data log. Its a long weekend and I don't feel much like going out. This is just entertaining enough!

I actually cooked in my kitchen last night and realized that I couldn't find any
smoke detectors. Good thing, because something about the pan and the stove and not having a splatter screen created a nice billow of smoke. I just opened some windows. Sounds crazy to open windows. It's been about 40 degrees and sometimes sunny for the past few days. Snow is melting and getting really slushy... BUT for some reason, even if I have the heater "Off"--- I think its off--- my apartment gets up to 80 degrees. I roast if I don't open windows and allow some air in. I haven't figured out the trick to the thermostat... but someday I will. For now- its nice to just crack a window. I was telling my ITD about it and she couldn't stop laughing. I guess it is pretty hilarious.

Today I am investing in a splatter screen and tongs. I don't have any which makes cooking a little difficult. This means that in addition to going to Wegmans, I will need to make a trip to Bed Bath & Beyond. Its going to be a great day. I need a pillow for the couch too. I did spend the entire morning working on music therapy event stuff. That felt productive. I'll probably spend the rest of the day working on similar documents and making phone calls. It's nice to have some relaxing free time. I am going to try and catch a movie at the little theater here in town. That's it.

Below are photos of my apartment.




2 comments:

  1. Geez, Wegman's AND BBB??? Sounds like a perfect Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the SD Chargers lost their game today, I needed a good laugh and your Blog for today did the trick. Thanks

    ReplyDelete