Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gone Fishin'


And by "Gone Fishin" I mean that I read a book while Mar-boy and his dad were fishing. I made a deal with Mar-boy that I'd go as long as I wouldn't have to touch anything fishy. Here's the lake/reservoir place where Mar-boy and his dad fished. I felt a little funny reading my crazy liberal David Sedaris books in this little town. His little hometown is adorable- smaller than Gilroy and it has that whole western PA thing going on about it.

This weekend's PA extravaganza was exhausting- but fun. I met his college buds which was the most overwhelming part-- we went to a mutual friend's 21st Jungle-themed birthday party. After we left, we spent a lovely afternoon and evening with his parents and family friend. We went fishing with Mar-boy's dad and a dinner that his mom prepared (even though she was on a girls trip and returning later that night). When she got back, we had a competitive game night while we watched the Penguins game- I came in 2nd for the record. :) We played "What's Yours Like?" which I highly recommend. It was a lot of fun! His mom made us this wonderful breakfast this morning- waffles, strawberries, chocolate chips, whipped cream, coffee, and eggs and ham. She even had powdered sugar on the table in case we needed it. It was delicious.

We made it back around noon and now I am gladly on the couch and in my pjs.
I'm glad to be home and not socializing. My social skills are tapped out. Now I get to be sloppy and snarky and yell at the tv if I want. Its wonderful.

I'm going to eat a little dinner, practice a little piano, and catch up on my hulu shows. Later, I have a standing date to catch up with Julie tonight after she returns from celebrating her birthday.... so Happy Birthday Julie!

In terms of the coming week, it should be pretty "typical"- whatever that means. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you lauren! Never fear, you have a severely delayed letter on the way......

    xo glad marboy = awesome.

    ReplyDelete