Monday, April 19, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays...

...are awesome. Today was only Monday. In fact, it was 60 degrees and sunny. Now sixty degrees and sunny feels like a heat wave passing through. Its so different from being in Arizona where 60 degrees and sunny meant unpacking my warm coat.

Today was actually a great day! Our ITD came back to work today! Although it was only for a few hours, it was so great to have her back in the office. Kari and I missed her - A LOT. She actually managed to do two formal observations of my morning sessions today. I was really nervous because she has never really seen me work, but everything turned out fine. She thought both sessions went really well and my observation skills, listening, and interpretation skills have improved dramatically. She said I'm getting more comfortable in using the piano as a clinical tool and that I am more "outer-focused"-- meaning not stuck in a concrete thought pattern of what chord to play when, what words if any to sing, how to interpret what the client is giving me. That's fantastic.

I got to update my ITD on all of my good conference news. In fact, I will say that I spoke with my parents yesterday about my conference blog updates. My mother got a little teary eyed apparently because I'm doing so well and in such a wonderful place. Let me just say that although they have always supported everything that I have wanted to do, they weren't too pleased when I wanted to transfer or move across the country. But after talking to them yesterday and hearing all of that, I felt more validated than I had all throughout conference. Thanks mom and dad! Love you guys.

Anyhow- tonight I am seeing Mar-boy in a gig tonight. He's the drummer in a Klezmer band here in Rochester, even though he is not Jewish. I am really looking forward to it. Kari's husband happens to be in town this week- so I think they are going to try and come out as well. They also have the 12 year old equivalent of Hannah Montana singing a few tunes with them! I am very excited. The husband of the couple that had Mar-boy and I over for Seder dinner is the bassist for this band. Apparently his wife is very excited that I will be coming to the gig tonight. Should be a good time!
I'll post a little update on the concert later! Dinner time. I've got to eat before I get my klezmer on!

1 comment:

  1. Get your Klezmer on??? Do I see a clarinet in your future?

    ReplyDelete