Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter





Today I'm sort of between "Oh my god" and "I'm freaking out." I have a lot to do before I leave for Las Vegas and its certainly catching up to me. Above are photos from my weekend adventures. The first is our Easter dinner, followed by mar-boy working on the egg dying. The bottom two are from our hike on friday.

Easter was great. I fixed lamb and potatoes, Kari brought salad and Mar-boy brought dessert- peanut butter chocolate bars. Yum. Everything tasted delicious. While the lamb was cooking we watched some Eddie Izzard stand up courtesy of Kari and in honor of my Aunt elTee, we took a walk between dinner and dessert. Believe me, it helped. The smallest lamb I could find was 4.5 pounds- yea for 3 people! We each had roughly 1.5 pounds to eat each--- which no one accomplished. No worries, Kari took some home and I brought a little care dish for our ITD when we had our supervision party today. It was a lovely and relaxing day. I'm still stuffed. And I have to say that I'm getting pretty darn good at fixing this lamb.

Today was fine. Funky. But fine. I was starting to get all frazzled when my friend Alli called. She must have known that I was starting to get stressed. I do feel like I'm under a lot of pressure and taking a week off from work is always hard- especially when you want to see clients and there is paper work left to do. I have to pack- which I started by throwing a pair of shoes in a suitcase. I've sent out the agenda for our board meeting, put together a preliminary powerpoint for the general business meeting. I've started thinking about what I want to take on my carry-on and how I'm going to get to the airport Wednesday morning. I have a 6a flight-- so that means earlier pickup and that means I will be awake- REALLY early. Plus, I have a 9p board meeting that is going to go till whenever- which means with the time change... well, if I don't sleep on the plane or during the day, I coudl be up for 24 hours. Thrilling right? I'm trying not to think about it.

I am excited to go, but also anxious and stressed to get there. I can do early check in at the hotel in vegas so I can hopefully get my room when I get there and take a little nap, or at least unpack and bit and head to the pool. So far, that is the master plan. I hope they serve fizzy drinks at the pool. That would make my Wednesday complete. I'm crazy a club soda with lime. Club soda with lime reminds of this hotel we used to go to in Cabo that had a bar in the pool and I could get club sodas there. There was also a crab in the pool once and it was gigantinormous. Yes- it was that big. That's another story for another day.

I have to get packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment