Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Statehood Israel!

MAR-boy's gig tonight was actually a celebration of Israel's statehood-- 62 years!

The music was fantastic.... Jewish people of all ages were waving flags and dancing and singing and clapping all evening.
One thing I noticed and so did MAR-boy (he is the drummer in the band) is that everyone else claps on 1 and 3... and then there was the catholic girl in the front row that insists on clapping on 2 and 4 (that was me).
No matter.
Everyone had a fantastic time.

It was fun to watch MAR-boy play and it was fun to hang out with the couple (Ben and Anna) who invited us over to Seder. Anna was particularly excited to see me there and was busy taking pictures of me and MAR-boy when the possible. She is very sweet. I am just worn out from all of the festivities and am now getting ready for bed.

Happy 62nd Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment