Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Trip. Pt. 2


Well hello.
I am using the wi-fi on the plane- very exciting. see my smiling face? yea.

Let me tell you a little something about trying to get anywhere on Delta Airlines. I'm fairly certain that Delta operates to make you almost miss your flights but not really. When I arrived to ROC airport, everything was just fine. I walked right up to the check-in counter and got my new tickets- i had an assigned seat, my bag was checked, I breezed through security. I got a paper and did the crossword and sudoku. Then they announced that the plane has mechanical problems- new plane. We had our tickets scanned at one gate and then boarded off another gate because there wasn't a computer down there. We left 45 minutes late. I only had a 90 minute layover in Atlanta.

We made it to Atlanta- with 30 minutes to spare by the time everyone got out of my way. I waited 10 minutes then boarded the next plane. This plane took FOREVER to taxi. We were like 10th in line to take off- we were running 15 minutes behind our take off time when the captain came on the PA to announce that a light came on. Just as we were next to TAKE OFF, we had to pull over to have the light checked out. So we took off almost an hour late. Delta disaster. I am exhausted and have not felt like sleeping.

The great news is I have my own personal TV- so I can keep up with my E!, FX and Bravo daytime programming while I surf the net. I don't have the brain power to work or anything. But I am having fun watching the map as we fly over the country. Right now (9:50a PST) we are just over Colorado- somewhere in the middle... like Colorado Springs. I never realized how East NY is until I started staring at this map. I am just looking forward to being in Vegas finally, getting my bags, checking into the hotel and hopefully being able to take a nap. I've been awake and stressed since 2:30am EST.
OH! I got tiny cards in a snack box today. that was fun.

Okay. well more e mails to answer and stuff.
I'll try and update at some point during the weekend!

2 comments: