Sunday, May 9, 2010

Betty White Recap and Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day!!
I hope all of the mothers and mother-like figures have a wonderful Sunday. I am thankful for all the Moms in my life, especially my mom mom. I'll be calling her today. I tried to find a great card for her all week but they didn't really have anything that screamed "mom." But I am excited that my mom will be here in two weeks to visit. I'm really looking forward to that. We're going to hit up Wegmans and the Lilac Festival and Mar-boy's gig with the klezmer band. So Happy Mothers Day, ma. I'll call later.


Betty White Day
As you may have read, I started my day rather early. I did get my shopping done at Wegmans and got all of the ingredients that I needed. I decided to make a dessert too. I cleaned up my apartment and dismantled the smoke detector. Then my boss from the SD Fair called to check in. She read my blog and decided that a call was in order. That certainly perked me up. I went to the office to tell them about my heat (finally!) All of the food was delicious. I made a white cake with white frosting that said "Thank You for Being a Friend, Betty White Day 2010" and the Macaroni in Betty White Cheddar Cheese was fantastic. Apparently Mar-boy is quite particular about his macaroni and cheese- which I didn't know until we were eating and he was telling me how he told his mother (who is a sassy susie homemaker, excellent cook and baker) that she didn't have to make her mac and cheese anymore. So, his remarks are high praises indeed.
Kari sent me a text yesterday afternoon. She wasn't feeling really well and wanted to stay home and just rest. So it was just Mar-boy and his friend J. for Betty White Day. We watched a ton of old Golden Girls episodes leading up to 11:29pm. The staying up late was the hardest part. We were really trying. We LOVED the SNL episode. It was amazing to see all the old female regular cast members and the characters like the NPR ladies and Sally O'Malley. We were definitely laughing out loud. What I didn't like (and I was definitely CRANKY by the end of the night- it was so late) was that there was a commercial after every single sketch!! what the hell. So the content was amazing but all the commercials really broke up the flow.
This morning, my apartment is surprisingly clean. The only thing that was really out of place was my coffee table. Mar-boy is about 6' tall and his friend J. is like 6'6" so they had to move my coffee table to accommodate longer legs. I am continuing the marathon today. I just put in another Golden Girls DVD to watch a few episodes- including my favorite Henny Penny episode.

Oh. A Smoke Detector development. Mar-boy and J looked at my smoke detector- the one that I took out of the wall yesterday morning. It turns out the one beeping was the one four feet away in my actual bedroom (not the hall). That one is easily taken apart to replace the battery. I'm relieved. Mostly because it wasn't going to beep and wake me up this morning.

That's all for today. I don't have any real plans other than just relaxing. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. ♬♪♬•*❀*•.¸*•.¸❤¸.•*❀*•♫♬♪♫♩♪•Thank you for being my Daughter*•.¸❤¸.•*❀*•♫♬♪♫♩♪•*❀*•.¸❤¸.•*❀*•

    ReplyDelete